Okay. Let’s say one day you have a daughter.
It is quite possible that your child might get sick. In fact, let us speculate that one day your child gets deathly ill. This unfortunately happens with depressing regularity. Without treatment, your daughter will die an exceedingly agonizing and drawn-out death.
Now, the good news is: your daughter can be cured. The bad news is: the treatments are hideously expensive. This happens in health care, as we both know. Some chemical treatments take years and the care and the chemicals themselves are expensive as all hell.
Here’s the problem: the treatments are too expensive for you to afford. You have already sold your house, your business, and hit up your friends and relatives for loans and charity. You’ve even asked for handouts on the Internet.
There is still not enough money for the treatments.
More good news though: there is a government program for these treatments.
My question is: whether or not you pay into the system or not, do you accept government assistance to save your daughter’s life?
If I was forced to pay for them, sure. Money was stolen from me and I’m getting it back, plus interests.
Ideally the program would have been shut down before, or I would have moved to some place without ‘universal’ care. In that case, I’d have to ask private charity to help me provide for my family.
That’s because my failure (and my wife’s) to provide for my family does not justify a system based on theft, where people live out of regulating others, throwing crumbs at people to get them to obey quietly. So yes, the best option is to fight these programs, and abolish them as soon as it is politically viable. The money spared will go back to the people, and with 300 billion given to charity by the US alone with taxes as high as they are right now, such exceptional coverage would not be an issue.
If you exhaust charity, which I just mentioned you did, and you lived in an area without universal health care, would you be okay letting your daughter die?
- medeamotheroftheyear reblogged this from skatetripfly
- extraordinaryxmachine likes this
- simplisticweight likes this
- jjoieaime reblogged this from skatetripfly
- jjoieaime likes this
- cutyourlittleheartout likes this
- epicleicaness reblogged this from ramblingsofanurbanjawn and added:
- patient-patient reblogged this from skatetripfly
- revolutionist-ism likes this
- dontskip9 likes this
- iamnineonefour reblogged this from alzati-prometeo and added:
- thelivelaughlovelife likes this
- sapphiremomma reblogged this from skatetripfly
- softlybrutal reblogged this from maxlibertarios
- cdub-is-so-hot reblogged this from skatetripfly
- screamingjessopmonkey reblogged this from iamnineonefour and added:
- huskie666 likes this
- revolutionist-ism reblogged this from alzati-prometeo and added:
- maxlibertarios likes this
- maxlibertarios reblogged this from alzati-prometeo and added:
- libertyfan93 likes this
- andeventhis likes this
- woman-of-class likes this
- hayir likes this
- wumbopocalypse reblogged this from skatetripfly
- ramblingsofanurbanjawn reblogged this from swagandpassion and added:
- skatetripfly posted this